Thursday, February 18, 2010

Birthday Gift - Fingerless Mitts

As you can plainly see I did not write on Wednesday about an unfinished project, but instead picked up a completely new one. What's going on here you might ask? My husband certainly did! Well, my oldest friend Emily is having a birthday next week. We don't always exchange gifts, we're both very random that way, but this year I felt she needed a pick me up. Emily is pregnant, in her first trimester, and not feeling very well. So, I wanted to give her something comforting, cheap (trying to stay in budget), that I could knit quickly and that she'd like of course too. I found my inspiration from Waldorf Mama whose blog I read regularly - fingerless mitts!



What was even better was that the pattern was free off of Raverly and I had yarn and needles I would need on hand! I don't know about you, but this hardly EVER happens to me. I got started last night and just finished up this afternoon. This was my kind of project. I used Louet Riverstone Worsted weight yarn in a celery color and probably only used 90 yards total. So, now I'm thinking of making this scarf to go with the mitts. It will use up my yarn (using up yarn completely is in my top 5 favorite things in the world - not even exaggerating here!) make for a fabulous present. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so lucky to be the recipient. Thanks Ann, I love them!!!!! Our house is so cold today, I've been wearing them around the house.

    ReplyDelete