Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Rainbows on a Toy Ball




If you've read more than 3 posts on this blog you've probably noticed I like rainbows A LOT.  Today's post is yet another about rainbows.  Most of my toys in my shop Simply Playing feature rainbows because I believe children should have bright and cheery play things.  Here is a very simple ball with rainbow coloring in wedges moving around the surface.  I use Judy's 12 section Ball pattern found on Ravelry for free, and as with all my toys the yarn has been plant dyed by Judy of Mamajudes on Etsy.  It's rather a time consuming knit, but I love the end result and it's a very popular item so I continue to knit them. They have been out of stock for a few months so I'm busy this week making some to add to my growing inventory - yay!

Joining in with Nicole for Keep Calm Craft On.

6 comments:

  1. This is so cheerful, I'm looking for some quick Easter basket fodder. I think that this could do the trick.

    Hi from Minnesota too! I'm on the North Shore and it's snowing and blowing like the dickens today:( Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I realized I forgot to note that if you knit the pattern be sure to wrap your turns otherwise you'll get little holes.

      It was snowing here too this morning, but the sun is out now so hopefully it will melt. Fingers crossed Spring will finally get here!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful ball! Thanks for the link to the pattern. Aloha, Lori (visiting fromKCCO)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just to note it you knit the ball be sure to wrap you turns otherwise you get little holes.

      Delete
  3. cute ball and I do love the rainbow stripes! Looks like a fun quick knit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could not resist clicking on the bright and fun picture on the link up. It's so cute!!
    Martina

    ReplyDelete